1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a bass/music/ipad gift suggestion for myself

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jarrett, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    My girlfriend wants to buy me something music related for Christmas and I can't think of anything. I've got a couple of basses and an amp I like. I don't really like pedals. I thought maybe a nice gig bag? I just got an iPad as well that I plan on using at gigs. Any cool music related accessories for it? What are some useful things around the $150-$300 range for music that I can tell her? Thanks.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You might like something like an iRig.

3. 1. An assortment of string types so you can try them out.
    2. A nice leather strap (one for each bass, with straplocks if you like, so you don't have to change straps all the time).
    3. A leather gig bag (my Levy's Leather is awesome!)
    4. A multitool for your case (I personally use a SOG, but a Gerber would work also).
    5. A Peterson tuner (if you don't have one already)
    6. Wooden knobs and/or tuning keys (if your bass is wooden / would look good with these) - You might not get these by Christmas, but they look pretty cool when installed.
    7. A decent music stand

4. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
  5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I just asked my wife to get me a $20 NS headstock tuner.

$130 more to spend...

6. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I figured it out. Based on snappytom's idea, I had her get me a quality/weighted boom mic stand and an iPad2 holder for it. Something I would never buy for myself, but I can certainly use at gigs. Thanks guys!

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Check out iRig. Seriously. Just saying. Well within your budget too. If not, then I want your chick to buy me one. :p :D

8. yeah i asked for an iRig for christmas. It's something I wouldn't buy for myself but should be fun to play around with.

9. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    For $20 you can get a native Peterson strobe tuner app for the iPad.

Peterson Strobe Tuners - iStroboSoft

10. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    Bought an iRig for myself for my birthday last year. I can now lounge in bed and play my bass and not have to drag my amp back to the bedroom. The ultimate in laziness. I liked the Amplitube app the best.

11. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Tascam MP3 Bass trainer
    MP-BT1
    $200. Fits in your pocket.
    Best toy I ever got.
    Check it out.