1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need a battery hurricane proof DI/EQ/Headphone amp!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OhulahanBass, Aug 27, 2012.

1. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Does something like this exist?

I love experimenting with new filters and have even started building my own. Often I want to spend hours with them but with career, girlfriend, lust for outdoors and music production it's hard to focus hours at a time. Well I recently moved to Baton Rouge and now am faced with days of no power and home confinement during hurricanes (like tomorrow now, so too late for Isaac).:help:

Being a half full dude, I want to use this time to make funky experiments if possible. If I could find a battery powered box that I can plug my battery powered effects into and funk around a bit I could make the time go by much faster.

Any suggestions on boxes or other methods?

Cheers!

Edit: using rechargeable 9Vs, keeping it green:D

2. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    EBS MicroBass II is one.

3. Roland bass microcube. Headphone amp, speaker, effects, drum machine, tuner. Batteries last A long time.

4. G.Bisson

G.Bisson

Feb 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Zoom B3 can do all that. Runs on 4 AA batteries.

5. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Nice, thanks all. The EBS can't run on batteries though can it?

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Check out the Sanyo Eneloop Pedal Juice.

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Why not buy a generator. Then you can take care of important things like bass effects, while also dealing with the unimportant things like food and life safety..........

8. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Next year when I'm in a house or maybe this year if a cat. 3 comes ill get a generator. If a Cat. 4-5 comes my girlfriend and I will evacuate to Birmingham with friends.

I moved down here in a rush and got stuck in a second level apartment so it's a bit tough to fit a generator. Believe me we are keeping it very safe with plenty of supplies, water, candles and booze. Not sure I would waste generator power on my Genz 9.0 if I had a Microcube or alike lying around anyways.

9. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Way cool!