Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a big favor from anyone that owns a Fostex MR-8 digital recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Squidfinger, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I am currently fixing one in my elex class. Apparently someone plugged in the wrong DC power supply and it blew up several components. Some of them are so damaged I cannot read the product codes to replace them. The Fostex site offers no schematics and their message board has been hacked. I was hoping someone could take 5-10 minutes and open up there MR-8 and give me the 4 codes I need. You won't be disconnecting anything, just taking off the red cover and a metal plate. Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

1)Remove red cover.

2)Remove metal plate (has gold screws) that covers upper right corner where DC power supply comes in.

3)All of the damaged components are right by where the DC power supply enters the board.

Transistors
    U206
    U208

Diodes
    D201
    D205

Again this will only take 5-10 minutes and I will greatly appreciate your help. If I wasn't completely broke I'd send $10 to whoever did this for me.

2. cmhgreg

cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    You have PM.