1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    You don't know from yoinked?

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Yoinked= stolen.

My band's van got broken into and I lost my cab, my SVT, one of my basses, and a few other things. My guitar player lost everything except for an old Squier he had at his house.

3. akane2

akane2

Sep 28, 2008
    Go with the Avatar 410! Maybe later you could add a 212 at 2 ohms. I got a mesa head and a Behringer cab haha. Im soon going to replace that with the Avatar 410.

4. Re:Choosing between 2 2x12s or a 2x12 w/ a 4x10.

I called Avatar a while back and asked which cab was bassier, the 2x12 or the 4x10. I think actually had Dave himself on the phone. He said the 2x12 was the deeper voiced cab.

You said the SVT cab wasn't bassy enough so I'd probably go with 2 2x12s.

5. Col200

Col200

Feb 18, 2007
    Have you checked out Dr. Bass cabs? The 2460 or the 1580 (for bigger bottom end) are both excellent choices for a single cab configuration that is under $700 and around 50#s. I've used the 1580 by itself many times...even in large bars. Sounded great!
    You're probably looking at a month wait for Dr. Bass cabs.