1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a case for my SX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvertones, Nov 20, 2010.

1. silvertones

silvertones

Apr 19, 2010
    I can get one from Rondo or MF. Both the same price. MF is $6.00 shipping not sure about Rondo.Which case is better? Anyone know?Anyone know the ship charge from Rondo?
    The MF is a "musicians gear" and Rondo is a "douglas"
    Thanks!

2. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    No experience with either but I'd get an SKB..
    They're cheap enough and will survive most, if not
    any damage.

3. Please provide links to the two cases you are looking at. It will make it more convenient for us to take a look and help you decide. Thank you.

4. Either one of those would do, they are practically the same thing. I have a Rondo case for one of my SX's and it's not bad at all, fine for a $109.00 bass.

Rondo does charge shipping, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than $6.00.

How'd you get MF to ship a case for $6.00? It's usually way more.

5. Jim Dep

Jim Dep

Dec 30, 2009
    If they are both the same price, the MF case looks a little sturdier.

6. Bevo1995

Bevo1995

Nov 8, 2009
    Heart o' Texas
    I have a couple of the Rondo cases and they are pretty nice. They are solidly built: the handle and latches are solid and the reinforcements make it feel pretty tough. The padding on the inside is sufficient and my basses fit snugly. There's plenty of room for junk in the storage compartment and in the headstock area. The fur on the inside is a little cheesy, but hey, it was only $50. One of them had a strong chemical smell (like adhesive or something) but I left it open for a while and it dissipated.

I don't know about the one from Musician's Friend.

7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I've got experience with both cases. The MF case is crap. I had one that I bought from them new. The first time I took it out of the house, the handle came off while I was carrying it. Luckily the bass survived.

The SX case is better made and a suprisingly good value for the price. I have one that I've used a lot and it holds up great.

I would suggest the SX case over the MF.

8. silvertones

silvertones

Apr 19, 2010
    That's what I needed. Thanks

9. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I don't have any experience with the MF case but...

I beat the hell out of my SX case and it's held up. It doesn't feel as sturdy as my other more expensive cases but it's shown to do the job just fine.

10. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I suggest this one. I have two. Lightweight, lots of storage for case candy.

11. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
  12. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX

This was going to be my EXACT post. Except for the handle falling off the MF case...hasn't happened to me yet, but I definitely could see it happening. I bought the cheap $50 MF case when they had it on sale for $40. It's not worth $40let alone $50 by any means. I have this case from Rondo and it's worth every penny. When (not if...dont' tell my wife) I buy another SX I will buy another one of these cases.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1207.html

bgc200black1.

I should've bought a second one of these instead of the MF case.

13. I don't know about either, but consider this , here you've gotten maybe two or three bad reviews of the MF case, on the MF website, out of 112 user reviews, it's gotten 4 stars out of 5, and MF has free shipping (no limit).