Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a fantabulous amp! HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Jul 4, 2002.

1. I have been playing for about 2 or 3 years now and I play a Stngray 5 and a BTB400QM and the problem is I have been playing through the same suck amp for the past 3 years! It's a Fender Frontman 15B. I am VERY serious about playing bass and I need to know if there was a good combo out there that was nice sounding and not too expensive. I REALLY need a bigger and better amp because you can't even hear the true tone of the Stingray through my current one. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
    Laura

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What are you willing/able to spend?
    Do you play in a band? Yo you gig? What style and band setup?

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I recommend a Nemesis amp.

Depending on what kind of situation you would use it for I could recomend a different amp.

For personal practice, or practice is a relatively small or low volume band setting, I would recommend their 1-12" NC-112P combo amp.

For practice with a medium or loud volume band, I would recommend the 1-15" NC-115P combo.

For practice and small gigs with a loud band, or medium gigs where you will be mic'd into the PA system, I recommend their 2-10" NC-210P combo.

For medium gigs or large gigs where you will go through the PA, I recommend the 2-12" NC-212P or 4-10" NC-410P combo.

I recommend any of these amps even for big gigs as long as you get an extension cab, even though the bigger ones should be fine without it. All the amps (even the smallest) have 225 Watts of power, and sound great. They are built by Eden, but are far less expensive.

I own the NC-210P, and I feel that is the best deal. I can easily carry it to a gig since these amps are made of composite materials which are lighter, stronger, and less expensive than wood which is used in other cabs and combos. I can easily add another cab (N-212P) for bigger gigs, but have no problem carrying both my amp and bass at the same time to practice.

For more info go to

http://www.eden-electronics.com/

and click on Nemesis.

Peace
    Nick

4. I don't want anything too big. But, I am planning on gigging in the next year or so. Basically I just want to sound better and be able to be heard.

5. I was looking at the Gallien-Krugger combo in this month's MF mag. Not the backline but the other one.
    I was also looking at the Highes and Vettner Vortex 80w Half Stack. Any comments??

6. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    the hughes and kettner vortex is a guitar amp, not a bass amp. ill second the nemesis combos, particularly the 210. i havent been impressed with the GKs, but then again, GK just isnt my thing. check out an SWR super redhead, if you have the cash, and the muscle to move it around, its a big combo. peavey BAM210 is good, and im sure munjibunga will be here shortly trashing all combos save the edens;)

7. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
  8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah, i think nemesis are great amps.. I have a nemesis NC210 combo amp and it works and sounds great. Lots of low-end...But i don't use it much anymore now...

9. You could always just sell it to me for a greatly reduced price.;)

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    you're right. i could... PM me if you're interested..I'd be willing to part with it at a reasonable price.