1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i need a good delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MarkMyWordsXx, Aug 19, 2007.

1. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    a while ago i came across an old rack delay unit at my school, that was pretty awesome. and i find myself needing a delay! so rather thencomplicating my setup more, id like to get a rack unit but im pretty open to anything.

throw some ideas at me, im looking for a spacy kind of delay, not so much a slap back kind of thing.

what kind of htings are you guys using? pedal or rack, whatever the case may be

2. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Sometimes thats all I use on my Korg AX3000B is the delay. I like it

IMAG0034_2.

3. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    ...okay?

4. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    Dude, I have the same folding tables... lol.

1. Do a search...
    2. Boss DD-3, DD-5, DD-6
    BYOC, Maxon, Ibanez, Digidelay, etc.....

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Two delays that I've been anticipating the release of (well, drooling over is probably more accurate) are the Pigtronix Echolution and the Empress Delay.

The Echolution is already available in some places. Do a search for Echolution and you should find Ron Now's thread with a ton of great samples showing what it's capable of.

As for the Empress, I was so impressed with their Tremolo that I've traded a few emails with Steve Bragg about their delay which sounds like it should be an excellent pedal.

Both of those will put a huge dent in your wallet though. The Echolution is around $460 and Steve isn't sure what the price of the Empress will be (he said likely between $350 and $450).

On the cheaper side of things I'd recommend the Line 6 Echo Park. It's now selling at $110 at Musician's Friend, Sweetwater and elsewhere. IMO you can't beat it in it's price range. The only delay around the same price point that I like almost as much is the Guytatone MD-3. But it is a very clear digital sounding delay and might not be "spacey" enough for you. It does self-occillate really well though.

Good luck.

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    diamond memory lane works well for me.

7. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    well..

you can't leave out Line 6's DL-4 :smug: when you mention delay ..

8. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    thanks for all the relevent posts, i still cant fuiger out what that bass pic is doing here but..

any one else? anything in a rack?

9. What the??

Oh...I also have those folding tables :)

I use a DD3 for my delay of choice :) Its bare bones, but does the job!