Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Need a Good Luthier to Make My Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scorchin5String, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Greetings, I'm looking for a good Luthier to make my new bass. I would like a decked out 6-string fretless. Drop me a line if you know of a good craftsman or if you are currently in the business.
    Thanx a bunch!!!!

Email me at: lilgreenfrogboy@earthdome.com

2. check out our forum called "luthiers' corner."

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    There are too many great luthiers to name. but surely check out the luthiers corner.. there are many great ones there.

4. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    You would have more luck pursuing a luthier rather than having one come to you. These people run a business and don't have time to be searching threads for customers. Go to them.

5. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    You absolutely need to check out nordstrandguitars.com. He builds incredible instruments at very reasonable prices. His quality is on par with Elrick and Fodera. No sh*t. He's presently building me a singlecut fretless pink ivory four. He's absolutely the best kept "secret" in luthiers, in the same company as Rob E (not that Rob's any secret!)
    He's at 909-277-2435.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There's this guy Wishnevsky who'll make a bass out of anything.:D

This, by the way, is the first time I see someone who wants a bass custom built without knowing by whom. Why do you need a custom bass?

7. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    i vote for Wishnevsky too

8. www.stambaughdesigns.com

No idea if they are any good, but I love the look of them and his philosophy on the industry.

Worth a check..

9. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    I haven't read a ton of Carvin comments here,
    but in general I think they make a very nice instrument. Check out their web site.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut