1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a head to power 2 eden cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nkossnar, Mar 11, 2008.

1. nkossnar

nkossnar

Mar 11, 2008
    Chicago
    I recently purchased 2 eden 4x10s. I'm looking for a high quality head to power these cabs. Any suggestions?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    What impedance are they?

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    how many ohms, sonny jim

4. I'm running an Eden WT800 with my 2 Eden 410's and it is absolutely killer.
    I highly recommend you do the same, however a WT550 will do the job and if you want to go up from the WT800, you can get a WT1205 with a bit more juice and dual channels.
    If both cabs are 8 ohm you can run them in bridge mono from the WT800, WT1205.
    If both or 1 of them is 4ohm you will need to run them in dual mono from these amps. Either will crank!

5. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    How about a Markbass LMII or an SA450
    Sound great and loud with Eden cabs!!!

6. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    a nice crest ca9 run in stereo with a nice preamp

7. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    thought we all need more info to give an informed answer (which cabs, ohm rating, type of music you play, sound you are going for, etc) i'd suggest starting with an eden head for eden cabs, though many companies have products that will serve you well.

8. I agree...maybe a WT800C, or WT1205....

9. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Anything Eden.

10. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Well, I switched from my Eden amps to Markbass and LOVE how the amp works with the Eden Cabs.
    Check it out.....and save some money.
    Great customer service too.

11. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I have to agree it should be an EDEN head, WT800 is the most desirable IMHO.

12. BobKos

BobKos

Apr 13, 2007
    The Eden cabs are really nice. I think you have a wide field of amplifier choices out there. Personally, I have an Eden WT-500 that works well. The other day I picked up an old Fender Bassman 100. I plugged IT into the Edens. WOW!!! It sure sounds a helluva lot better than the Bassmans I played 20 years ago through thumpy old 15" cabinets. It sounds really great! My point is that you can choose an amp based on your requirements and be pretty sure that the Edens will do everything right. Nice speakers.