1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i need a job. help me

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mrmoonlight88, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Im 14 and I need money to buy gear. in order to get the money to get the gear I need a part time job. According to ca labor laws i can work just no overtime or dangerous work. I live in bakersfield, ca. Any ideas?

2. There will always be jobs in the fast-food industry...at the price of your soul...

-Davis

3. cant work in fast food. i could get burned or something.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's possible that you could get a work permit. Talk to your school counselor about getting one. Then apply at retail stores like Target or Kohl's or whatever. You can be a cashier, or work the floor. Although, a cash register could fall on you. ;)

5. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    paper route? i had one when i was 14.

6. Yeh i had one of them but that will take you age's to save up, lol im 15 and i have a job driving forklift's, carrying heavy boxes, loading huge arctic lorrie's, i don't think some of that for me is do-able.

7. thats what im doing. hahahahahaha

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Sales rep for Ecstasy. :D

Seriously, painting house numbers with reflective paint on curbs in front of homes makes respectable money in my neighborhood.

9. i tried that when i was 11. didnt make a single dollar in like a week

10. Where do your uncle's work i can always find work through mine, thats if you have any though.