1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need a little advice if you dont mind...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atmoore, Apr 19, 2006.

1. atmoore

atmoore

Apr 19, 2006
    Hey,

I need some advice regarding a bass rig. This may just be a pipe dream, but i was wondering if it is possible to get a gigable bass and amp for $800-900. I'm just curious what yall would recommend. I favor the sound and neck of a jazz, but have no clue as what direction to go amp wise. Just a ballpark of my volume needs, I usuallly have the master on 2x12 100 watt guitar amp at around 6 or so to keep up with our drummer. I know I could get a MIM jazz in this range, but I'd love to hear some alternatives. (mtd kingston and hier looked pretty nice)

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Hi,
    Check this out. http://www.zzounds.com/item--ASDMAGC410T
    It is an Ashdown amp. I have a similar one (just cab. I had a head to use) and am very happy with it. I ordered it from Zzounds and am very happy with their service. Now you have $200 - $300 for a bass. That is very doable.

Good luck!
    Sandman357

3. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Check out rondomusic.net Look at the SX basses. Great bass at a crazy cheap price. Find a decent used Peavey TNT amp. You'll have plenty of money left over, and a very gigable rig.

4. SX bass
    That should leave what? 500 for a head used?