Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a little help from a TBer in the service

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeremy_X, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    I am in need of some help with a gift for my father. He was in the Navy a bunch of years ago. He received, as I assume all in the military do, a book he calls a Blue Jacket's Manual. He kept his when he was discharged, but over the years it has disappeared. He has missed having it around for a very long time. I have searched for a copy of it for about two years now and can find nothing. I know that there are a few members here that are in the military. I was hoping that one of you would be able to help me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    They seem to do it on Amazon - not sure if it's the same thing or not though!

3. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    Thanks, last time I checked amazon they didn't have it.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, man...i'm a first class missile technician in the navy (submarines), and i've got a BJM or three lying around...i'd be glad to hook up a shipmate. they change every so often, the wording of the general orders, et al, but it's essentially the same book as it has always been.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i notice you're from washington, too...shipping shouldn't be too bad...i'm in silverdale at bangor sub base.

6. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    What a guy! Man, TB is such a cool place. :)

7. Hook me up with some weapons then......... :ninja:

:D:D

Merls

8. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    Thanks neptoon! Pm sent.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Now that you mention it, I was in the Marines 35 years ago, and seem to have lost my hand grenades. Anyone?

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Well I've got some explosives sort of 'sitting around' but I need all of them. Sorry.

My in-laws have a tree farm that was harvested recently. They were complaining about not being able to replant until they get rid of all the stumps of the old trees.

Heh heh heh:ninja: :bag: BOOM! :smug:

Well that was a pretty unimpressive explosion. How do I changge font size?

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Yeah, but how did you do it?
    :confused:

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    your coordinates, please, sir? i guarantee delivery within a couple of arcseconds of your order in 10 minutes or less :D or umm...your country back free!

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

sorry sir...we only carry fragmenting grenades and diver recall devices, cog 2T...no Marine Corps stuff in our ROLMS system, but i would be glad to call in a couple favors with the Marine Sergeant of the Guard...he could hook me up :D