Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a makeshift amp for the weekend..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Help! I am having problems with my rig & I think I have isolated it to my amp.

The original thread about my problems was posted in the effects section, b/c I thought it was in my signal chain... but, it looks like it is my amp, here is the original thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231143

I was thinking about using a power amp for the weekend, but I have no pre. I have no Sans Amp. The best I can come up with right now, is a DOD FX40B Equalizer stompbox. Should I put this on the floor in my chain? Or, right in front of the amp in the VERY end of my signal chain?

Any other suggestions? That link has my exact pedals... in case it makes a difference.

2. Please somebody - give me some tips on how to make this rig work for me this weekend... i have no other choices.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Where are you located? If you are near me (Baltimore area), you can borrow one of my amps or rigs

4. thanks quad... i am in steele, mo. no really what you would call 'close' to baltimore. did you ever have any problems with your Kustom GB1200? it seemed to be so solid & reliable.... seemed to be.