Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a NAMM pass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NCorder, Jun 16, 2005.

1. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Wholy! I just found out that summer NAMM is in Indianapolis this year, which is within driving distance for me! However, it won't be back to my neck of the woods until 2007 :(.
    Problem is, I don't have a way to get passes.
    Can anyone help, or have any suggestions on how I can get in on the cheap?

Thanks in advance, guys.

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I feel your pain. My Dad lives in Greenwood [southside of Indy]. Since i don't have any ties/connections i could use-i'm just hoping to see the pictures on here. Quite depressing really. :bawl:

3. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I refuse to give up quite that easily. I've seen and lusted over the pictures of many a past NAMM, and just KNOW most of the people there aren't merchants or NAMM members.
    I'll sneak in if I have to.
    :help:

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

If you are friendly with your local neighborhood music store, ask them if you could represent them. A smaller mom and pop store will more likely do it than a Guitar Center.

5. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I've thought about that, but so far I'm striking out. Every place I've stopped into so far just ask: "Whats NAMM?" :bawl:
    To make matters worse, theres only about 4 music stores in the dayton area that carries bass strings, accessories, etc. It's kinda weird walking into a place and saying "Hey, I've never bought anything from here, but do you have a NAMM pass to spare?" :D
    Its looking like I might to have to spelunk thru the A/C ducts James Bond-style to get in.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dunno ive tried for the last few years and they are pretty darn hard to get if your not an endorser or merchant. Im pumped this is the first year its in indy and i got passes so ill send pictures back if nothing else.