Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a new amp......Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by George W. Hater, Sep 1, 2003.

1. George W. Hater

George W. Hater

Aug 31, 2003
    I'm currently the bassist in a punk band. Me and the band have recently started getting fairly serious and are now playing some fairly small gigs(anywhere from 75-200 people). Because of this I need a new amp. I don't want anything big and fancy. I would prefer a good sized combo amp...prolly in the 150-300 watt range. Money isn't much of a problem.

Thx for your help people!:bassist:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You want ... no, you NEED an Eden WT-550.

3. Hey, I play in a punk band too, and from my experience, a 150-300w combo isn't gonna cut it if you want tone AND volume. I'd suggest a 400w+ head and a 4x10 cab. Possibly a SWR workingman's 4004 w/ an Avatar 4x10 cab?

4. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    if money isn't a problem, get a bass 400 and two aguilar 4 12 cabs. never need to upgrade again

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    The SWR 2x10 combo has alot of balls to it (wattage :D ) as for price i have no idea. I know it was advertised in the TB header a few weeks back. Apart from that, ill say to you what i say to every one else. Peavey, and the Amps Buyers Guide :D