1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need a new amp......Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by George W. Hater, Sep 1, 2003.

1. George W. Hater

George W. Hater

Aug 31, 2003
    I'm currently the bassist in a punk band. Me and the band have recently started getting fairly serious and are now playing some fairly small gigs(anywhere from 75-200 people). Because of this I need a new amp. I don't want anything big and fancy. I would prefer a good sized combo amp...prolly in the 150-300 watt range. Money isn't much of a problem.

Thx for your help people!:bassist:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You want ... no, you NEED an Eden WT-550.

3. Hey, I play in a punk band too, and from my experience, a 150-300w combo isn't gonna cut it if you want tone AND volume. I'd suggest a 400w+ head and a 4x10 cab. Possibly a SWR workingman's 4004 w/ an Avatar 4x10 cab?

4. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    if money isn't a problem, get a bass 400 and two aguilar 4 12 cabs. never need to upgrade again

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    The SWR 2x10 combo has alot of balls to it (wattage :D ) as for price i have no idea. I know it was advertised in the TB header a few weeks back. Apart from that, ill say to you what i say to every one else. Peavey, and the Amps Buyers Guide :D