I need a new amp capable of gigging help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tomthedude, Dec 5, 2004.

1. tomthedude

Jun 8, 2004
    Hi I've been looking at several amps on ebay.

The first one:

It took a while for me to convince my dad to put £250 for this, and then today i was waiting for it too be finished, if you look at it you'll see why I was excited cause right now I'm putting up with and Ibanez 10 watt practise amp with hardly any tone. Unfortunatley the item was closed off so I couldn't buy it. I think it was too good to be true.

Anyway I need an amp capable of gigging, because I don't want to borrow anyones amp. One of the possible amps I could get is :

I've heard about Ashdowns and their great tone, but would this amp be good enough at a gig and keep quality sound? The deep feature on ashdowns seems quite interesting :smug: but is it as good as they make it? Also this amp is classed as a practise amp on the ashdown website, so im unsure whether to go for it. Any other amps you would suggest for me to go for? Thanks, please help I need to get this amp soon before christmas. The amp must be powerful enough to gig, 50watt+

2. I had the ashdown EB 112 150. It is gigable. I would go for that Mag on ebay if possible. If not try to get an EB 112 150. Those are English made. The new ones are rated for 180 but are made in China.

The 12 is loud enough. It is just midrangy. The lows are there but it won't knock down walls. Good DI too. I sold mine for $275 and saw the guy gigging with it last night.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    my 2 cents is in the following thread YMMV
    click here
  4. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    that thread sums up all of life's problems.