Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheGrayBassGuy, Dec 23, 2004.

1. (My first post)

First some history:
    I'm 16 years old, and I don't have a job (but looking for one), so I don't have a lot of money. I recently spent a large portion of my money on a new Warwick Corvette Standard 5 string for 50% off (an opportunity which I could not pass up). However, all I have for an amp is a Fender pratice amp, and I realize that I still need a decent amp in order to make that Warwick sound as good as it can. Pretty much all of the groups I play in are with my high school, so I have been bumming off of the school's amps. They sound decent enough, but they're old and have a tendency to break (all of them), and I don't want one to break while I'm in the middle of a concert/competition.

Now, I'm not exaclty an aficionado on amps, so it really help if I could get some recomendations. I'm looking for something cheap, good tone, and powerful would be nice. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

2. Thanks, I'll check up on all of that stuff.

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Where are you located currently? I live near the Vernon Hills/Buffalo Grove area and I'd make you a good deal on a cabinet I'm selling. I'd rather sell it to someone who needs it than Guitar Center because I refuse to ship this thing.It's a Traynor YBX1510 www.yorkville.com Go there to check it out.