1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rhty89, Dec 30, 2004.

1. rhty89

rhty89

Dec 30, 2004
    I have been plaing for a year and a half, i do nothing else but play bass.
    I can spend around $500.00 (give or take $100.00)
    I am currently looking at the following two basses.
    Ibanez EDB600
    Epiphone Explorer

I would like a bass with over 20 frets, and whatnot.
    any suggestons or advice would be very helpful.

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I saw go with the Ibanez or check out the SR300DX - pretty good stuff.

But again, I'm an Ibanez player...

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    DO NOT GET THE EDB600. I used to own one and it was like holding a smelly old lady. It's heavy, smells like paint, horrid tone, heavy, horrible neck, heavy, it smells funny, did I mention it was heavy? It was just a horrid bass and I was happy when a stooge bought it from me. The Explorer is more of a looker bass. If you want an ibanez, look at the SR, SRX, BTB lines or even a used ATK.

4. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    Depends if you want a 4, 5, 6, or more. If you want a 4 then I would have to say a Music Man Sterling if you want to go for the extra money. For a 5, a Music Man Sterling. I don't know about 6. Can you tell I love me some Music Man basses. :D

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A 5 string Musicman Sterling doesnt exist, its a Stingray 5, even though it most resembles a sterling.

6. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    Haha. I feel like an idiot now. I didn't even think about the fact they don't make a 5 string Sterling. That would be a nice bass though. I just got too wound up in my Ernie Balls because i'm about to order a Bongo 5.