Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a new Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teprodic, Jan 9, 2003.

1. I been using my GSR 100 Ibanez. Its my first bass and it's the cheapest Ibanez there is. ( as in price ). I play in a metal band and I really need that low bass sound. I heard that many metal bands use Ibanez. I tried tuning down my bass but I still haven't found my sound. Bottom line is that I need a bass that has that good low tone. The sound I'm looking for would be kind of like how Fieldy (Korn) plays his bass. I'm kind of sure Ibanez makes those but I'm not sure from which series. Also if you know other brands of basses that play that sound feel free to give me suggestions. I'm pretty sure it's not my amp.

2. Wasn't that quote in some Ibanez ad somewhere?

3. I don't know but I never heard that quote before. lol
    I just thought it was the perfect statement to say that goes with that I'm looking for.

4. Hurph! My only suggestion, go to the music store, and try out as many 5 strings as possible, and see what gives you 'your sound' ;)

Do a search, Field'ys bass' name will be here.... :rolleyes:

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well ,as your looking for low down in a metal band, I would suggest a Spector REX2000/5.

I have one in the Holoflash Black colour. There are a couple of other guys on this forum that have them - Sanctum and Kraig99 from memory.

Not sure what your budget is, or how much they will cost on your side of the pond!

Mine cost £665, and I know Panterfan ordered one over here and got his for a little more (although he ordered his more recently!)

Check out www.ssdbass.com. The REX2000/5 is under the 'Professional Series'

6. peaveyfury

peaveyfury

Jan 17, 2003
    Go down to your local Peavey dealer and try out a Peavey Fury 5-String. My 4 has really good, low sound and I would expect the 5 to really have what you are looking for.

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I second Peaveys. I've played them over and over again, and own a Koa RSB. I love it. The Fury V is great as well, as long as you can find the right place to buy it at. (GET IT IN BLUE!!!) ;) anywho, a second suggestion is Spectors, which are also great for a lil more cash. It's your maccaroni though.
    Ray