1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a new power cable for my Peavey Max 110. Help me out.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ilikejazzbass, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilikejazzbass

Ilikejazzbass Inactive

Feb 20, 2010
    So I was really hammered last night and I'm playing music with this guy who lives up the street with me. I just met him. So I'm playing and I'm kind of loud and hes kind of loud and he wasn't very good. He was out of tune and just kind of wailing. His buddies came over and its the three of us. Me and the guy playing music are intoxicated and the other two guys are sober. His amp is way better than mine and he wont let me play it. Hes so bad so I just unplug it and plug my chord in. Well he has a bloody fit and all hell brakes loose. He pushes me and then says I'm getting violent. He throws me out and I'm just lost. I have two guitars and an amp, my book bag, my lapton, my leather jacket and I'm just trying to make sure nothing gets stolen. The other two guys let me crash at their house for a few minutes, but then this woman comes in and she can tell I was intoxicated so she threw me out. So I'm carrying this heavy ass load all the way back up to my place and I basically feel like jesus. I get back and I realize the power chord to my amp is gone. I'm pissed off cause that guy was overreacting and I'm pissed off because I hate the city I'm living in so I walk back and politely ask to look around for my chord. They let me in and then I go to the other guys house and he wont let me in. So I have all my stuff thank god, but I don't have the power chord to my amplifier. I saw this...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Cliff-Universal-Power-Cable-338500-i1129220.gc

but is there anything else? Will this fit into my Peavey Max 110.

Anyway I spent the rest of the night listening to black sabbath and wondering what I'm going to do with my life. Then I woke up and I feel much better. Still a little confused and angry, but its just another experience. I'm only 20 so I've got a lot to learn

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    That's a standard IEC power cable. It's the same kind that's used on computer equipment and a ton of other things. You can pick up the same thing at any office supply store - hell, even your local grocery store might have one.

BTW - It's not a "chord". A "chord" is 3 or more musical notes played simultaneously.

3. easyrider13

easyrider13

Feb 17, 2010
    I have the same amp.
    EricF is correct.

4. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    radioshack.

5. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    This.

6. if you would have unplugged me from my own amp in my own house i would have tossed you out too......go buy a new "chord",apologize to your pals,and maybe get a handle on your drinking.....

7. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Goodwill sells these cables by the truckload for $1.

8. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    FWIW if someone just unplugged me from MY amp while i was playing (regardless of the reason), their power cord would be the least of their concerns.

9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

A chord is a group of musical notes.

A cord is a long stringy thing.

You cannot conduct electriwockles through a chord.

10. but chords can be electrifying,and electrified:p

11. Ilikejazzbass

Ilikejazzbass Inactive

Feb 20, 2010
    Well when your as talented of a guitar player as I am and a bass player you don't have any choice. I'm going to unplug you. And when I'm a rich and famous bass player I'll still unplug you. And I'm 6'6 so I'd like to see you do anything. If you want I'll give you my number, we can meet up, and have a row.

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Well, aren't you a nice guy then. I'd throw you out, too, I don't care how big you are, a jerk is a jerk. Grow up.

13. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    All that attitude, and people hating you is a surprise? Im shocked that guy even spent 5 minutes tolerating you. Just go to any store that sells anything, Mr. wonderful. It's like asking where beer is sold.....basically everywhere.

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Holy crap you're conceited. I'd probably have thrown you out before you even touched my amp. Of course I'd throw you down the stairs for unplugging me too...

15. Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?

16. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Based on his "request" in the other thread....I give it, oh, a few hours.

17. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'd report him myself, if I were smart enough to know how to.

18. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

Don't worry about it. I know for a fact that he's been reported a few times already for these threads. :)

19. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Closed for mod review.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.