I need a new wallet.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I've had the same quicksilver wallet for 1 1/2 yearsish... and its shredding. and it leaves nasty fibers in my pocket.

< $20 good wallets? that arent friggin huge...
  2. If theres one around you, check Wilsons Leather. Got a sweet trifold black leather (Duh) wallet that usually sells for 45 on sale for 5 bucks.

I think they have sales like that often.
  3. If you have them in the US i suggest any Element brand wallet, i thought here we go, ****ty skate brand wallet, but it is bulletproof (well nearly, it is made of kevlar) it has been washed multiple times, a mate tried to light it on fire and it is still goin good.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    i had the same wallet for most of my life. I bought it at a garage sale about 13 years ago for 25 cents.

I just recently had to upgrade when it seriously starting falling apart.

Check yard sales.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

You need some help, my man. You're obviously spending too much time here when you start asking us for wallet advice (Ross or Marshall's).

brad cook
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    +1 The local Wilson's in the outlet mall is having a big clearance blowout right now. I got a new Kenneth Cole wallet, and a leather bucket hat for cheap.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have a dockers leather wallet and it makes me happy.
  8. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    +1. Attention hooer.
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Rolf's Leather has always been great. Available at places like Sears, JC Penny's, etc.
  10. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I made a leather truckers wallet (also called a bikers wallet) 15 years ago that I still use. It's this one but I laced it rather than stiched and it is all black.

But the chain looks stupid with shorts, so I make a duct tape wallet ever year or two. They wear out quicker but are very cheap, about $1 in duct tape and take about an hour to make. I make this one.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I always find a good one at Ross. My current wallet is a Pierre Cardin, all black bi-fold.

12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You need a man-purse... or if you are not comfortable with wearing women stuff you can get same thing and call it "Man-Bag"
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Me too. I got a Kenneth Cole leather for $9.99 (bifold, trifolds get to thick for me) that came in this nifty metal clamshell case that's perfect for storing my crack-smoking paraphenalia.

brad cook
  14. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    duct tape bifold. ive had it for about 1 year and a half, still awesome.
  15. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    last one i bought was 4 years ago, spend 20 bucks on it. brown leather. so awesome. it is no just starting to fall apart.
  16. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    I always called that a nut sack. And it's only good for carrying one thing. Okay, two things.
  17. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  18. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
  19. I recently converted to a front pocket wallet and it was easily the most liberating moment for my left cheek and lower back . . . OK, it was the only liberating moment for my left cheek and lower back EVER. I don't want to send the wrong message.

I digress. Front pocket wallets are great, and once you convince yourself you don't need all of that crap in your wallet, you will be very happy you switched. Mine has a clip on one side, two slots for credit cards on the other, and a section in between for cards.

Current wallet contents:
    Money in the clip.
    Receipts and drivers liscense in the center section.
    Credit, ATM, insurance card in the side opposite the money clip. That is all you need!
  20. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    I use a cigarette case. Perfect for holding cards and some change. It clamps closed so nothing ever falls out (which has been a problem for me).