1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a pedal that sounds like..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Acotey, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Acotey

Acotey

May 3, 2007
    very similar to that level of distortion. Thanks.

2. Cool clip... Im watching it at work VERY quietly through dodgy laptop speakers :ninja: , so I can't really hear the tone at all. I'll have another go at home later :)

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    no idea what sort of gear entwistle used, but it sounds like he's running a distorted signal and a clean signal.

if i had to guess, maybe he's using the distortion channel on one of his ashdown amps?

4. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    +1

cant figure out the distortion tone very well, it sounds like harsh distortion on the edge of fuzz, but not quite

5. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    John Entwistle was using a Digitech 2120 Artist Series Valve Guitar System Preamp and Processor for Chorusing and Overdrive. im not sure what you would do now, but thats a start at least. also of note is that the Digitech went in the Effects Loop of his Ashdown RPM-1 Preamp.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021