1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need a pot for my Thumb

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Flatwound, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    The volume pot on my '94 Thumb is bad. I've tried pot cleaner and so on, and it's still not right. I emailed Dan Africano a few days ago, Monday I think, but I haven't gotten a response. I'm pretty sure the part I need is 84500. So do I keep emailing and waiting for a response, or what?

2. Does it work at all? If so you could use a meter to measure it's resistance. I'm sure it would be commonly available.

3. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Eh, not so much. It's a 500k push-pull DPDT pot, no problem there, but MEC wiring is "different". The pins of the pot fit directly into a little circuit board that has some fairly complicated wiring.

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hi Flatwound,

Sorry to hear about your Thumb bass's pot acting up on you. Fortunately, we have those parts at the Warwick/Framus Custom Shop NY and we can send you a new one. Please call our shop at (212) 777 6990 and ask for Jesse.

Sincerely,

Jesse at Warwick USA

5. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

All the wiring diagrams you need are on the Warwick site. The only manufacturer of a stacked master volume/balance and push pull active passive is MEC so there is but one option for them...MEC

I have several used ones or link below.

http://www.bestbassgear.com/pots.htm#

6. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, thanks. I have successfully ordered one. Should be here late this week.

Means2nEnd, the one Best Bass Gear shows isn't the one I'm looking for. Thanks, though.

7. Well, all's well that ends well.