1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a practical advice to transcribe a tune!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Langueta, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    Hi I am transcribing hearts for sale by the rolling stones.

It is not a difficult bass line, but as most of bill wyman songs it has subtle variations. He keeps the same groove all the time but varies the arregments and don`t repeat a measure.
    Do you have any method to transcribe this without writing all the song????
    Which do you think are the key parts of this bassline???
    I love Bill so I would like to mantain his flavour and keep the line very similar to his.
    Thanks

2. Langueta

Langueta Guest

Jul 9, 2007
    I am playing it this weekend (at rehaersal_)! have a couple of hours to transcribe it

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i wouldn't even bother transcribing it. i'd just write the chords out and remember to play a two-beat feel. or i'd just transcribe it once through, use repeats, and not worry about getting it note perfect. never heard them play this song live, but if they did, you can bet wyman wouldn't have played this exact part every time.

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Do like most arrangers do...cheat. Transcribe the "main" figure once then write "sim", which means "play something similar".