1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Need A Quick Fix For A Sore Throat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGod, Apr 30, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    My throat is killing me. It started yesterday, and today is much, much worse. The problem is that tomorrow I have to sing at a talent show rehearsal, and on Wednesday I have to perform in the talent show.

I can't sing like this. In fact, I can barely talk.

So what can I do to get rid of this? Currently I'm taking Advil, drinking honey/lemon tea, and gargling Listerine, but to no avail.

:help:,
    Graeme

2. DaleD

DaleD

Nov 12, 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Gargling with salt water takes away the pain or atleast reduces it for awhile

3. SenorQueso

SenorQueso

Jun 28, 2005
    Boca Raton, fl
    Go out and buy yourself a bottle of the chlorospetic mouth spray. Numbs your mouth for a bit and feels good.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    +100000

Do that RIGHT BEFORE you sing because it doesn't last that long. It really does help though. When I had mono, it was a life saver.

5. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Drink some Throat Coat Tea. You should be able to get it at a health food store. It always does the trick for me!

It comes in a box that looks like this:

[​IMG]

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Alright I'll try the salt water. I figure eight ounce glass, teaspoon of salt. Is that about right? How many times/how often? (I don't wanna do any damage by doing it too much)

I'm also eating a lot of chicken noodle soup. Tonnes of sodium in there.

I just hope it subsides by Wednesday.

Thanks,
    Graeme

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Speak as little as humanly possible. Forget about rehearsal, and don't talk unless it's absolutely necessary.

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Really? Well, I'll try to talk as little as possible then (though it will be difficult to do so at school). And missing the rehearsal shouldn't be too much of a problem. Thanks.

Graeme

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Really. You need to rest your throat, as well as do as much to heal it. Good luck dude.

10. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Lots and lots of water, it will help get rid of the illness faster. I would'nt do the chloroseptic if you have to sing, you do NOT want a numbe throat while singing. Plus that stuff dries out your throat.

11. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I find Neocitran and a good night's sleep to be very helpful.

12. If your alergic to asprin, then dont try this.. If Not..
    Dissolve a asprin in a 1/2 cup of warm water and gargle for 10 second repeat until you the cup is empty. If after 4 hrs you still have a sore throat, repeat.

13. works very well for me too

[​IMG]