1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a rack case for a Markbass R500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by badsneakers, Sep 22, 2008.

1. badsneakers

badsneakers Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    I have never needed a case before and have no idea where to start or whats a good brand on the cheap side. Also I need rack ears and it doesn't look like marbass makes any for the R500 so what do I do???

Any help would be great!

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm in the same boat, i need to rack case for my little mark 250 so i can get a rack effect and rack tuner

3. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    ahh.. cool!

I dont want anything else in he rack, just the head so I'm looking for a snug fit, just for the amp

4. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    Gator, SKB, Road Ready, etc...

5. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Probably something like a Protec rack bag will be your best bet - won't add as much weight as a regular rack and should give you plenty of protection since it is a nice light head.

How are you liking the R500 so far? :bassist:

6. I am not familiar with the R500, but I assume it's the same size as the other 'large' MB heads like the SD800 and SA450. They all come with rack ears at the time of purchase (which is why you don't see them listed as a separate item on the MF website). Did yours not come with the rack ears? You can clearly see the holes in the side of the amp for the ears on the MB website, so I assume this amp comes with rack ears like the rest of the 'full size' MB heads.

Any standard 2 space rack will work. The Gator 2 Space Rack bag is a nice 'in between' sort of thing that works great with these very lightweight heads.

Regarding the smaller MB heads, they don't come with rack ears, since for most, putting a very small head in a rack defeats the purpose. However, you can purchase rack ears from Musician's friend for the smaller heads. I would assume the LMII rack ears fit the 250 also (you should check though... not sure).

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I have an amp in a gator rack bag. It works great! The shoulder strap comes in mighty handy!

8. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    thanks I'll look into one of the bags, I do need protection though. I sometimes play some shows that get a little ruff and I'm not on a stage and rigs have got knocked over before.

I haven't had a chance to play the head with a band yet but I like it so far...we'll see tuesday how it fits with my main band

9. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    yeah it didn't come with the rack ears... I think the LMII ones do fit the 250 from what I read on MF.. They look like they might fit the R500

10. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    thanks to everyone for rack cases and bags for me to look into!:bassist:

11. I just checked, and the dimensions of the R500 are identical to the SA450, etc. I believe it should have come with rack ears (assuming you bought it new). I would PM Peter Murray and ask him the scoop on this. I'm sure he will make sure you get the ears if for some reason they weren't included at purchase.

K

12. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    I did buy it new, at a GC in Boston. They did'nt have anymore out back so I ended up with the floor model which they no longer had a box for. If I new it might have come with ears i would have asked or made a stink about it and had them get them for me.

Who is Peter Murray?

I really don't want to go back to that place..blahh....

13. Peter is the North America sales rep for Markbass, and is a TB member. You should have received the rack ears, floor model or not. PM Peter, and I assume he will arrange to have them sent to you.

K

14. badsneakers

May 31, 2004

Thanks alot!!!! I hate that place, took the guy 20min to find the warranty card and then he said he could find nothing else for it..

I'll PM him!

15. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    The R500 I had did come with rack ears so someone owes you a set. If you had a floor model, they were probably left in the original box.

JR

16. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    I PMed Peter, he said I need to take it up with GC and gave me an email to contact the right person at that store.. hope it all works out! :meh:

17. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    I'm going to go plug it into my NV610 tonight and mess about before band practice on Tuesday!

18. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    bassrig66.

I paid $2.50 at Home Depot for a metal bracket.

Case is Gator rack bag 2U.

I just removed the rack ear hardware from one side of the case and used it to attach the left side. Drilled holes to match etc.

Then used the metal bracket for the other side.

..... works fine, very solid.

19. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    My SA450 looks great in its SKB 2 unit rack case - real classy and it does not add much weight.

20. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    For the record, I'm the manager of international promotion, marketing and artist relations for Markbass. I have nothing to do with sales. But since I live in North America (Toronto) I have an extra involvement in the US and Canadian markets.
    I have referred the OP to our service contact at Guitar Center, they should be able to help out.

Cheers,
    Peter