Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a rack for my new SVT II pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Broncrider32, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Broncrider32

Broncrider32

Feb 21, 2003
    Nebraska
    I'm in the process of looking for a 4-space rack for my Ampeg SVT II Pro. I was wondering if you guys had different opinions of what I should get, like what brands and is the shock mount necassary since I really don't do a whole lot of travelling. How do gator and skb compare in quality? Anyway I just need some advice...

Thanks

2. atoni

atoni

Jan 23, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Endorsing Artist: Salo Guitars
    Order yourself a decent flight case with padding, handles and removable frontside/backside covers. Something like this: http://tinyurl.com/5chae

Also consider having little wheels attached to it for easy transportation.

Gator and other plastic foo wont be any good. Flight case's resale value never drop and good case is always an great investment for great equipment.

3. dancinDaveNY

dancinDaveNY

Sep 27, 2001
    Western NY
    I have my SVT II in an SKB Roll-X rack. It has the wheels and the telescoping pull handle on one side with other handles along the other side. It's really nice to just pull that beast along on its wheels. The only lift is from the ground to my van and then back down. The SKB is sturdier than the "other" cases, IMO. It cost about $100 at GC, maybe a couple dollars more, not much. I love it!
    <smiles> dD ;)