I need a review for a Gallien-Krueger Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brian_t, Nov 11, 2003.

1. brian_t

brian_t Guest

Feb 20, 2003
    Zanesville, Ohio
    hey everyone i need a review for the Gallien-Krueger Blackline 250BL head, and the Gallien-Krueger 410BLX Cab...thanx everyone
  2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    In two words: It sucks.

Backlines are prone to overheating, being noisy, and not very powerful. You'd be better off with the new Behringer BX3000T head and an Avatar cab probably.
  3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah man, that's what I've heard. I should have posted that :eek: :rolleyes:
  4. The 410BLX is a very good cabinet. It's the same speakers as the 410SBX just without the crossover or tweeter and it's made from MDF instead of plywood. Tonewise, it sounds great. The amp will sound as good as any GK amp, but it is a low powered amp. If you don't need to be too loud or you are in a situation where you have a PA, it should be fine. Crank the master all the way up and keep the volume knob down below 12 oclock. That should clear up any distortion in the clean channel. I'll look into the overheating issue tomorrow.
  5. I checked with some of our service techs. They said the only real times they''ve seen overheating issues with the 250 was when it was running a 4 ohm load. It's only supposed to run an 8 ohm load.