I need a RIG!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Oct 13, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I just have a 100 watt SWR low end amp and i've been wanting to switch to a head and cab sort of deal. I've heard good things about edens, but once i get my mind set on one company, i find another one that is better. I cant decide! :bawl:

I'll prolly want to go with an avatar cab because of the price, but can anyone suggest a good head below $600?

Also, I play mostly funk/rock/experimental type music. I do a lot of covers of rhcp and stuff like that. Please! I'm desperate for help.

oh, btw, i also saw a used trace elliot amp and cab at my guitar center. Any good?!?!

sorry, i'm a noob when it comes to amp heads and cabs.
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Trace does make some great stuff...you should definitely check it out. If you're a RHCP fan, then you should also consider GK amps. There are a few in your price range. You may also wish to consider the Hartke 3500 & 5000 which would both work. Howzabout looking at some of the Ashdown amps, like the MAG300?

If you're looking for good bang for yer buck, the Kustom Groovebass 1200 will probably be the highest power amp in your range...

I'd just listen to as many as you can!
  3. you might want to check out a peavey firebass too :D
  4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'd say a Groovebass and a Avatar B212 would be an awesome first rig. Do check out the T.E. though.
  5. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Groovebass... i'll look into it. Thanks guys!