I need a road case!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by register2, Apr 17, 2004.

1. register2

Nov 15, 2003
    I have an Ampeg B-25B tube head, and was wondering if anybody knew of a decent SKB-type hardcase for it. I'll be taking it on the road quite a bit. Thanks!
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    What do you mean by "on the road"? Does that mean others will be carting it around for you, in an equipment truck, or that you will be taking it yourself to gigs frequently, and putting it in your car?

If its going to be hauled around by others (roadies, friends, etc.) then by all means do NOT get an SKB, but a shock mounted hard road case. SKB's are great if you lug it yourself, since you'll take a bit more care not to jostle or drop it.
  3. register2

Nov 15, 2003
    I will be carrying it myself, but we'll be driving all over the place, and I don't want to worry about it being damaged in the trunk or anything like that. Just something so that if a guitar slides into it or we hit a bump, or if someone throws some drum hardware on top of it, the tubes won't shatter or an input jack won't get busted. Thanks!
  4. The SKB should be fine then. I have the 4 space rack. It fits my Ampeg SVT-3 Pro head and a rackmounted tuner fine. Don't get the SKB with the X on the front, get the one a step above that.