Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need a Seymour Duncan Soapbar Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Trist6075, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    Well, actually any kind of soapbar pickup for my Gibson Grabber. I heard soaps were the best way to go. Problem is that I can't find one anywhere. I also heard it is too hard to get it from Seymour Duncans shop because they take ur name an # but never get back to you. Any other suggestions on pickups for this bass and WHERE I CAN GET A HOLD OF ONE. I'm fiending for one of these like those crack heads with their rock.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Is one of yours broken? If so, you may be able to have it repaired/rewound by someone. Also, "soapar" basically just means rectangular pickup. They come in different shapes and sizes, active, passive, alnico, ceramic, cheap and expensive. You don't necessarily have to buy one from Seymour Duncan, but if you do, you would probably buy it from a dealer rather than direct from the company.

So, maybe you've got to do some more research on what exactly it is you need. Things like dimensions, how it mounts, how much you want to spend, etc.

Maybe a Grabber expert will check in and give you some advice.