I need a small amp to pair with my PF210-HE cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Adjectives, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Adjectives

Adjectives

Mar 12, 2017
    Seattle, Wa
    Hey y'all. I play on an Ampeg BA-210 with the PF210HE extension cab. Now the PF is obviously made for a PF amp with it's flip-top setup. It got me thinking if there were any old, available 100'ish watt solid state amps I could pair with it, maybe even small enough to mount in the flip-top!

A buddy of mine plays in stereo out of 2 old(maybe 80s, or 90s) Hartke 120 watt amps. The size looks perfect, I cannot recall the model, but they have the blue behind the dials.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with, or own something they could recommend?

I'd like to have the option of taking the PF home as a practice amp occasionally, or even do a stereo trial, and would like to have a second amp on deck. Cheers!

Specs
    • 450W RMS power handling @ 8 ohms
    • 2 x 10˝ ceramic Eminence® LF drivers
    • 1˝ HF compression driver w/L-Pad level control
    • Frequency response: 53 Hz - 17 kHz
    • Sensitivity: 99.6 dB SPL @ 1w/1m

2. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

The PF-500 or PF-800 would be perfect and they are the amps designed to be mounted to those cabs. Only the Portaflex amps are designed to be mounted to those cabs, nothing else will fit without heavy modification which will probably only destroy the amp.

Adjectives likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    You can add the PF350 as well. 800's the best one but the 350 is darn good and dirt cheap.

High Camp and SJan3 like this.
  4. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I can't think of a better amp than the PF350 for your application.

High Camp and JimmyM like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022