1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need a string for my needs

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Ok, I play in a metalish/mellow band and it's time for new strings. The thing is also I play Jazz/funk and Primus whenever Im not playing with my band.

I own a Fender Jazz 4 String and an Ibanez SR1000

Any suggestions so the strings sound good in all the styles above?

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Several options: DR Hi-Beams (bright, growly), D'Addario XL's (growly, warm), D'Addrio Prisms (bright, bright, bright) or my current favorite string which lasts seemingly forever: Elixir Nanowebs. They feel great, sound a lot like XL's and will outlast anything out there.

3. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    the Prisim Stainless Steels are a really bright and punchy string.
    I really got used to the Trace Elliot tapered SS Strings. I actually bought out the last 4 packs from pro AM here in Chicago since they were not making anymore Trace Elliot supplies. Now I think Gibson is using their name for amplification? Let me tell ya, they are really beating around the bush with a replacement for those strings. Or maybe they plan on keeping the old Gibson Strings for now. They still have not informed me about any makings of a new string for bass.