1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a wide strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by EADGCoffee, May 25, 2011.

1. EADGCoffee

EADGCoffee

Apr 18, 2011
    Hey all,

I need a strap for my bass. I have a soft leather one from GC that I bought a long time ago, but it is simply too big. I'm 5'5" and I like my strings to be on or above my navel, no lower. With my current strap, even trimmed to the smallest I can get it, has the bass hanging at about my waistline which is too low for me.

I'm looking for a wide, leather strap that is really small or crazy adjustable. Any help?

2. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I really hate being sarcastic but Google is your friend......

3. Jeff 66

Jeff 66

Nov 5, 2009
  4. Muckaluck

Muckaluck Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    I bet italia straps could make a short strap for you. I'd just email them and see what they say. Make sure to take advantage of their talkbass discounts as well.

5. Muckaluck

Muckaluck Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    ^ha, beat me to it Jeff.

6. Jeff 66

Jeff 66

Nov 5, 2009
    Looks like we were posting at the same time. ;)

7. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn

Mar 28, 2011
    Finland
    Check out the Minotaur bass straps, they are high quality leather with soft pad. They are 11cm wide(1"=2,54cm). Very comfortable.

8. EADGCoffee

EADGCoffee

Apr 18, 2011
    Forums are for questions. If I Googled this, I'd only ask "which of these straps?" instead. ;)

Thanks for the help, I'll look into the suggestions and see what they can do.