I need a wireless thats good for bass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jonb9, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    please help.
  2. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    two words...

3. Sennheiser bought out Xwire, they have a digital wireless, no compression, great for anything, really. I think the Sennheiser model was D1000. They're discontinued, if you can find one left, it'll be on sale big time, great deal.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    2 words

Wrong Forum. Moved.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    How much are you looking to spend? If you're looking to stay cheap around $120, try the Encore 200 VHF Bass by Nady. I swore I'd never buy another Nady wireless after the last one, but I got a great deal, and let me tell you, they fixed every gripe I had with them the first time around. The VHF Bass sounds quite transparent, is inexpensive, and frankly, I like it so much, I roam around my house while practicing.

Other than that, I would recommend Sennheiser. If you're looking to buy new, the EW172G2 is a good unit, my personal favorite, but unfortunately, finances don't allow me to like those enough yet.
  6. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hands down the best one I've used is a Shure ULXP system. Specs blow everything else away. Nuff Said! :D
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  8. form52

Mar 17, 2005
    I got a good deal on the Samson Stage 55.
    I've been using it for over a year now and I have absolutely no complaints about it, other than the battery life.
    But that's normal for anything that needs a battery anymore.
    They say 10 hour battery life, but in reality it's closer to 4, other than that... amazing.
    No noise, VERY little signal loss, but you can just adjust the gain and trim settings on the belt pack to take care of that.
    Good range, and a nice hard case to store it in.
    A really nice feature (though not exclusive, I'm sure other systems have something close to this as well) is the audio on/off switch on the belt pack. It comes in handy when I want to switch basses on stage quikly and quietly without needing a 2nd wireless and switching everything out on the amp. Just turn off the audio signal, unplug the bass, plug the next one in and turn it back on for a noisless non-pa-killing switchout.

I've dropped this thing, knocked it on the ground, stepped on it accidently, dropped things on it (glad I don't treat my basses like this) and it just keeps on going. You can get em now for under $120 I think. Check Samash. I've got nothing but good things to say about them.

Another good one if you want to go UHF without breaking the bank is made by Carvin. Don't remember the model off hand, but it's around $225 I think. IF something ever happens to the Samson, I'll be picking this one up.
  9. +1,000 on that Sennheiser unit. That's what is in my rack and it's hands down the best wireless I've ever used.
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you can afford the ~$500 price tag. :bawl:

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have AKG WMSDV40 Guitar bug system. Small transmitter, true diversity receiver, UHF frequency, good out past 30 yards with low B faithfully reproduced and no dropouts. I'm likin' it!
  12. Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I've been using the Samson Airline Bass wireless for a couple of years with great success.