Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need advice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by heath_the_great, May 8, 2002.

1. I am in yr 11 and in 6 weeks i have a major practical assignment and i would like to know if anyone could kinda give me advice on what song to play that sounds really cool im into stuff like the red hot chili peppers, primus, metallica, megadeth, tool, ozzy and black sabbath.

i have an ashton ab400 and i am interested in upgrading to a steinberger spirit xt-2 is or another ashton ab705 5 string what would be a better move?

thanks for your advise
    heath

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Heath - what are your personal favourites tunes from the bands you mentioned. If you think they're cool, and like them - you'll like playing them and get some feeling into the song!

I'm personally very fond of Californication by the Chilli Peppers just now - it just has so much space in it! I also am fond of Aerpolane - it has a good mix of slapping and finger work.

As to the basses which is in you price range??? Have you played them??? Which feels/sounds/looks better in your mind?

3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    perhaps some old school peppers stuff is in order? anything off of the "What Hits!?" album is stellar - cool bass work, cool everything actually. i heartily recommend "Show Me Your Soul". quirky slap lines and deep grooves.