I need amp head info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by megustamusic, Mar 2, 2006.

1. megustamusic

Mar 2, 2006
    I just bought 2 gallien kruger 410blx-400 watt-8ohms.
    I need to buy a head and don't know what I should get. I have heard that because of having two 8 ohm cabinets I should buy a head that puts out 4 ohms. I have also heard that a 200 watt head would be enough for both of the cabinets. I am really not too amp savy so I need some help.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    you will want an amp that says its rated for a 2ohm "minimum load" or 4 ohm "minimum load" I'd suggest AT LEAST an amp rated at "400w into 4 ohms". This will give you more max volume potential.

Listen to amps in your price range. Play it through YOUR cabs or identical model if possible, with YOUR guitar.

Trust me and stick firm with the 400w into 4ohms OR MORE, especially if you see yourself playing with others!! If you don't buy enough now you'll just end up spending more later to get what you should have in the first place. ;)
  3. +1 on getting enough power and playing through your cab or same model and with your bass or you will have no real Idea what it will sound like. Also amps do not put out ohms. That is a rateing of the electrical load an amplifier sees when driving a speaker cab. Not enough Ohms/load can burn uo your amp outputs or worse.