Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need an Accugroove Tri 210L ASAP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ericman197, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Ok, so I've finally decided that the Accugroove Tri 210L is the cab for me. The problem is that I need one in my hands by next Saturday. Does anyone know an Accugroove dealer that will be able to ship it to me in time? The only "local" stores around here don't seem to have the Tri in stock... only the Whappo Grande and/or El Whappo. I'm not in any major rush, so if it's not possible to get it in time, I'll survive. Any help would be appreciated...

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Try guitarx.com in Denver Co. They had one the last time I was there and he is good about shipping.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If not, ask dealers if they'll have Accugroove drop-ship a cab directly to you. I don't know Accugroove's policy, but some manufacturers will.

4. John Marat

John Marat Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    I ordered a El Whappo from Guitar x two weeks ago. I dealt wiht Gary. He was very helpful. Accugroove is going to drop ship. they told me yesterday that it would be another week... Looks like your best bet would be to find someone that has it in stock...

Jb...

5. widjajar

widjajar

Apr 21, 2003
    Hey Ericman 197, I was going to order one myself about a month ago. I emailed Mark Wright personally and he told me to place an order with him immediately since store rarely has any Tri 210 in stock. It will take weeks to finish the order. However, there's a local store here that has one in stock. It actually belongs to accugroove endorsee, Jake Kot (www.jakekot.com). The name of the store is River City Music, it's listed on Accugroove website under dealer links I believe. You can actually speak to Jake himself since he's working there too. Good luck.

6. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Thanks for the replies... the good ( or bad? ) news is that I probably won't be able to come up with the money in time, so I'm going to wait on it.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Did you ever get your Tri 210L, Ericman? I recently acquired one, and it is a phenomenal cab. It stacks perfectly atop my Whappo, Jr., and complements it very well, tonally.

8. Yet another cab, Tom? Remember, there's a 12 step program for Cab-a-holics... I hope you didn't forget... :smug:

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Eh, I decided against it. However, I'm purchasing 2 Schroeder 1210's, so we'll see how that goes. The 2 ohm load is going to be tricky though; I'm still not sure whether I should get an iAMP800 that can handle it, or go with a big poweramp like the PLX 3400. I hate wasting power, but hey... the 3400 delivers just enough power for 4 1210's, so I'm hoping the cabs are as good as they say. 4 12" speakers and 4 10" speakers would surely be a force to be reckoned with, although I haven't yet figured out how I would move it, nor how I could actually justify having such a rig :smug:

10. Haha, 4 1210s would be serious overkill. Even 2 is a lot. But it would look cool though... :smug:

11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    LOL! Actually, I did get rid of one cab (CX-310) shortly before acquiring the Tri 210L, although admittedly, I have a ways to go.

Tom.

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Either route would serve you well. The iAMP 800 eats up a 2 load, and would keep your rig very compact. However, I also love my PLX 3002, and believe me, the headroom is not wasted! You really can hear the difference with the right cabs.

13. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Well, the problem is that I'd be wasting some power. I'd either be running only 1 side of the amp, or running both sides at just over half power. Not a big problem though... if I find that my PLX 1200 isn't enough at 700 watts, I'll go for a PLX 3400. If it is, then I'll just stick with the iAMP800; no sense in upgrading wattage if 700 watts are enough.

14. Eric,

Buy as much wattage as your wallet will allow. Trust me, you won't be 'wasting' that power. Go for at least the 2400 watt unit if you're going QSC PLX.
    Added bonus:If you decide to unload the amp down the road; you'll have a lot more opportunities (like PA guys, etc.) to get watt for watt money back out of the investment