I need an acoustic-electric...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jay61581, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Jay61581

Aug 7, 2002
    Nucla Colorado
    Can someone recommend a good acoustic electric bass? I've been wanting one to play unplugged with my guitar player at parties and out on the sidewalk, but the all the music stores around here don't have any for me to grope and fondle.

I did play a Godin A4 once, and promptly fell in love with it, but the price was a bit steep for me (seeing as how i suck). So $700 is the limit.

It's gotta be a 4 string, broken mangled fingers plus wide ass neck just don't work, plus its painful...And I would kinda like it to be fairly thin, that Godin was thin and I really liked it.

I'm most likely going to order it out of a catalog or offline, so I won't get the chance to play it, so that's why im asking, cuz I don't really know anything...:D
  2. SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    I've got a nice guild for around that price:)
  3. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You could take my crappy Precision AE off my hands for 700. ;)
  4. number three

number three

Aug 29, 2002
    My favorites have been:

Martin AB32. Brand new price is steep but they are discontinued. Mabye some used ones out there.
    I saw one on ebay for like 350. Just sold mine for that much (need bigger amp). would be a cool bass for the price.

Epiphone El Capitan. I had some strange 5 string fretless version but they also made a 4 string w/ frets. IMO that would be a great ABG. But mabye I don't know what I'm talking about. Again i think it was a little above the price you mentioned new.

I've never owned the Martin acoustic bass but wished I had got it instead of the AB32. its around $1000 I think. However I've seen it for less on ebay.