1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need an advice(Q on shipping)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ciubz, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ciubz

ciubz

Jan 30, 2005
    hi, i need to ship two 2x12 bass cabs from CA to NY, what would be the most inexpensive way to do that, thank you.

2. Depends on your risk. There's a few less than unorthodox ways to move stuff.

Check out the underbidding freight auctions.

Rail? If rail does that in US you might be able to get seller to forward direct to your NY rail station. Works in NZ anyway.

TB "pony" express? CA to NY might be pushing your luck.

3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    You will get all kinds of subjective opinions on this : some will tell you FedEx, some will tell you to avoid it at all costs, etc. The important thing, imho, is to pack it up as securely as you can; don't scrimp on packing material.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Greyhound Bus freight. Google it.

5. staindbass

staindbass

Jun 9, 2008
    i buy and sell junk on ebay, (1550+ feedbacks) ups ground seems to be cheapest for larger items like speakers and heavy amps. i havent checked greyhound, but i think the receiver has to go to the bus station. ask the buyer if that is ok.