1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need an amp head for a Yorkville xc808!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ammussac, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ammussac

ammussac

Aug 15, 2013
    hey guys, i recently got a yorkville xc808 and im running it through and old moog synthisizer amp from the 70's and its alright to practice too but its only 200 hundred watts, so the cab is way underpowered. so i was wondering what you guys would think would be a good head to combo with this beast. we play funk rock, some punk, a mix of red hot chili peppers and billy talent if you will. so thanks in advance for your help i hold all of your opinion in high regard! The Talkbass community is the best around.

2. Other than the fact that you can't underpower a cab, I'd suggest you consider matching it up with a Traynor Dynabass 800! I've drooled over this combination many a time, and would probably own it if I was 20 and had shoulders that were able to lift heavy gear.

That said, I'd also love to hear this cabinet driven by an Aguilar Tone Hammer amp. The gorgeous round warmth of the TH heads would match nicely with the snap and punch of the 808 cab.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 no such thing as underpowering. But, the choice of amp is personal preference. If what you have now is loud enough, and sounds good, then that's fine. If you want more juice, or a different tone, go play some amps and see what you like.

4. ammussac

ammussac

Aug 15, 2013
    very true while you can't actually under power a cab, but its a lot like driving a corvette and only being able to go into first gear.. its awesome but it could be way better. so to clarify i definitely need to be louder, i'm playing with two guitarists who have full stacks and a drummer who is the definition of loud.

ive been looking online and i'm considering the following heads:

Hartke LH 1000
    Peavey tour series 700
    Gallien Krueger 700 Rb

Im looking to spend around 400 Dollars so you guys know my budget. Thanks again everyone!