I need an amp under 350 dollars and under 65 watts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by juanpauribe, Aug 1, 2002.

1. juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    The thing is that im moving to the states and im going to buy a new amp because thay are much cheaper over there. I need an amp that doesnt goes beyond 350 dollars and it can be of between 50 and 65 watts.

Im not good at all at choosing amps so i really need your help. please help me. thank you.
  2. Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    An Ampeg B50R would be my preferred amp within those parameters. Its 12" speaker is driven by 50 solid watts of power. And it looks as good as it sounds.
  3. I can recomend the Fender Bassman 60. It has a 12" speaker is 60 watts. and tilts back for better listening. I have one and for what it is it sounds prety good. If you are going to use the amp for anything other than a practice amp you may find that you need more headroom.
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    For that price you can get a pretty nice used combo, such as an Ampeg B100R or something. There's no reason to set a wattage limit because wattage is extra headroom, and the speakers make a bigger difference IMO. Check Ebay and the TB classifieds to start with.
  5. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Check out the SWR LA Series and the GK Backline series while your here. They're both decent units with lots of size choices.

Ditto on the Ampeg recommendations: B50/B100
  6. I'd go with the Ampeg B-50r (and I'm not just saying that because i'm selling one). It's small enough to comfortably carry, it's loud enough to use in most situations, the tone is great, the look is classic. And you can pick one up used from me for $225 dollars. Retail is around $450. E-mail Christo3142@aol.com if you're interested, i can send pics, etc.
  7. Why get a 60 watt amp for wnder 350 when you can get a 120 watt Behringer BX1200. it has a 12" aluminum-cone speaker and is only $300. I don't know much about Behringer amps, but it sounds like a good deal to me...