Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need an idea for a Halloween costume...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aram, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    I've never had a good costume for Halloween...and I'm terribly unimaginative. Anyone have any good ideas they'd like to offer?

-Aram

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    You could get liquored up and say you are a drunk.

4. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Spongebob squarepants.

Potrait of tracy's idea is not bad either.

5. Last year I went as my drummer. He only plays in his underwear so it was pretty funny. I was only in the band for about a month so that was the your in the band moment. I don't think I can top it. There are pictures of that gig on the internet. Stupid internet.

A friend of mine went as trendyman one year. You just make a robot costume out of boxes and junk and get as many gap and abercrombie advertisements on you as possible. He had a bunch of girls running around handing out stickers that said "You are trendy" to people who wore really trendy clothes. It was pretty funny how many people said thank you.

This year I think I'm gonna wear my usual stage clothes and put on black eyeliner, vampire teeth, and maybe some black lipstick. Not too original but should be fun enough.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

oh man, im sold. im going to stay at uni an extra 3 days this break, just so i can goto the 31st halloween party dressed as jesus....

thats such a COOL idae.

7. i had a great one one time

go to a grocery store and get a few of the variety packs of mini cereal boxes (you know, little boxes with enough for one bowl in em) and then eat the cereal (the fun part :D) and then take the boxes and staple/tie them together into a full body suit, smear some red paint on a little and viola

your a cereal killer :D

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I did that back in freshman year of college. I've got a pretty Jesus-y look, so it went over pretty well.

9. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    carry a loaf of bread and say you're.....a very uncreative person carrying a loaf of bread.

10. And you are an idiot..... ;)

:D:D

Merls

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    My wife makes my kids costumes every year and they come out looking really cool. Unfortunately I can't get her to make what I think would be a cool pair of costumes for us.

I keep asking her to make us a pair of hands. We would each be one hand. Then when we're dancing, it would look like clapping.

Peace,

James

12. One year at a gig I went as death.(at another gig) I put the sical(spelled right?) at the end of my fender jazz. pretty cool.

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Awesome. This, and PoT's are the best so far. I was Kermit the Frog last year...don't recommend that. Damn, those kid's costumes can chafe! :eek:

14. There was a picture of a halloween costume that im trying to locate.

It was a guy dressed as a priest with a doll say the size of a 5 year old strapped to his waist.. :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

15. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I still can't decide what I am going to be either...

16. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    I think I like the Buckethead idea the best so far...nice and low-budget. :D

17. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    What kind of bread?;)

18. :(

but everyone loved it!

:bawl:

:D

19. Last year I got a plain white T-shirt, and wrote "Kill your parents" on it with a sharpie. I told everyone I was a subliminal message.

This year, I'm going as a flasher. :cool: