I need another bass like I need a hole in the head but...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KenToby, Jul 8, 2008.

1. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    I found a like new Peavey Millenium BXP 4 that has been upgraded with Bartolini pickups and an EMG BTC preamp, includes gigbag as well. These basses sell for $240, I can get this one for $190. Should I do it?? I don't need it but with the upgrades, is this one of those opportunities that you just dont pass up?

Thanks

2. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    Go for it. A set of bartolinis will cost almost as much as the whole bass, let alone bartolinis and a preamp.

3. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    190? Buy it! Even if you hate it, you can re sell it for more than you paid and still not be taking advantage of anyone....as envika said, the pups and pre amp alone are pretty much worth that!
    :bassist:

4. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    if you need it like you need a hole in the head, than you HAVE to get it. We all NEED holes in our head, if not we couldnt see, hear, breath, or eat :p

5. You already know what your going to do - Buy It!
    I hope you just love it. :hyper:

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It's not a question of need. If you needed it it wouldn't be available and/or it would be too expensive.

Do you really like it? Do you have the money? Then go for it. Screw need. GAS is not about need, it's about want. You want it, so go for it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021