Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need bass solos!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SpankBass, Jun 26, 2002.

1. I'm looking for bass solos and just about any other song where the primary focus is on the bass (no lyrics preferably) to jumble all together and burn onto a CD.

I already have to most obvious that you could find on WinMX - Fleas Rare Solo, That one popular primus solo, Stu Hamms Peanuts Theme, Victor Wootens Amazing Grace, Jacos Potrait of Tracy. Is there any others you guys could think of? Thanks a bunch.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    How about:

-Michael Manring - Monkey Businessman
    -Marcus Miller - Panther

Or something by Steve Lawson or Mike Dimin?:)

3. Grrr... Nothings coming up for those two.. trying steve lawson right now...

BTW I picked up one by the Allman Bros, this is damn good!

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I know there was a great solo bass track by Franc O' Shea, which was free as a taster for his album Esprit - which has some of my favourite bass playing.

And there's a solo bass piece by Dominique Di Piazza on John McLaughlin's album "Que Alegria".

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    some you haven't mentioned:

Billy Sheehan - NV43345
    Michael Manring - Purple Haze

PS: that Flea Rare Bass Solo is annoyingly bad IMO, i hope it's not him playing

6. Yeah, there are alot of fretbuzzes in that, but I still thinks its kinda cool. IMO of course. Listening to this Victor Wooten Amazing Grace song right now, too cool. I actually didn't think the Amazing Grace part of that song was all to great, the slap stuff he did right beforehand kicked ass though!

7. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Black Sabbath Bassicaly, found in the song NIB. Or anything by Jaco

8. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    anesthesia

9. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Bassically anthing by Jaco and Victor Wooten (the solo stuff)

I have something supposedly by James Jamerson called "Home Cookin" which is a neat bass solo, I use Winmx as well so you might be able to find it

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Try and get Jason Newsteads Bass solo from Live Sh!t/Mexico city. Thats pretty funk-a-y and there are bass tbas at MXtabs for it IF you need them. Cliff burton did a few but they are kinda hard because he threw the effects on.

11. Yeah I got that one too. I'm not trying to learn the songs (Though the Newstead one wasn't all that hard, I learned it a while ago) I just want to have a kick ass bass CD. Ya Know?

12. Try some of Watt's stuff, either Minutemen or Firehose. Minutemen's cover of "The Red and The Black" from Three Way Tie (For Last) features a sort-of 'dueling bass' solo which is pretty cool. Most Firehose songs have short little bass solo parts; I can't think of any off the top of my head where there are extended solos, though.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Either "The Real Me" from Quadrophenia or "Dreaming From The Waist" from "The Who By Numbers" would be ideal candidates for inclusion.

15. I dunno, the file Just says "The Allman Bros Band - 08-29-99 - Bass Solo"

I found it when I just decided to put in Bass Solo and download whatever I got.

16. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hey tell me what ends up on that CD. Id like to make my own copy of it :D

17. John Entwistle "My Generation"

18. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I downloaded a file named "nirvana bass solo",it was terrible!It was slow,boring,and repetitive,dont waste your time downloading it.I didnt like the amazing grace solo much either.I really like that billy sheehan NV4 song,oh and the stu hamm peanuts theme is pretty cool.

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    michael manring: "la sagrada familia"