I need Carvin settings advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom7, Aug 17, 2000.

1. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I've heard it, so I know it is there... but how do I get it back again?

I have a Carvin combo with the 600 watt head and two 10" speakers (RC 210) and it sits on the 15" Carvin cab. I unplugged everything and plugged everything in everywhere else, tried biamping, etc. and now that I have it back to where I thought it was, it doesn't sound as great as I remember.

Carvin guys, how do you have your knobs, switches and cords set?

There are just so many possibilities, too many variables, I can't pin down the sound I'm hoping for.
  2. Pietzsa

Mar 23, 2000
    Orange, Texas
    Weird, but I just did the same thing. I remembered it being better sounding when I first got it, but now that I messed with it I really like what I got. I am currently running it full range throughout, which means the bi-amp button is pushed in and the speaker cable is connected to the bridge section in the back. I am then pushing in the mid and high shift buttons and putting the parametric mid about 250 Hz and adding about 4 dbs. I leave every thing else flat. Keep in mind that I play an active Jazz bass os my settings. On my bass I just add a little mids. You can also bi-amp the 2x10's by undoing the bridge button in the back and the full range button on the front. The two power amp controls then can be used for volume of the high and low ends. This can make a clearer sound if you want to add some more highs especially.