I need comfort from my fellow bass players

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So I was about a 20 min drive away from buying a Fender sting bass when I was talking to my guitar player. I was telling him how I'm just about to leave to go order one. Then I showed him the link. What fallowed was just plain pain with no gain.
    "Man that is the same colour as my new Fender strat. Wont it be strange to have the same colours?"

I cried the rest of the day :bawl:

I should have noticed the colour. He says get it wont be wired. We all know when some one says "it wont be wired" it will be wired.

:crying: :bawl:
  2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Actually, I don't think it'd be that wierd; but that's just me. My band used to have pretty much matching gear. All of the guitars were blue. People thought it was pretty tight. If anything, I'd say go for it and don't mind if he thinks it's "wierd" or not. Besides, and don't take this the wrong way, who says you're going to be playing with him for the rest of your life?

Go with your gut. It's almost guaranteed to lead you in the right direction.

In my experience, this only pertains when the person that says it is of the opposite sex.
  3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    It's WEIRD!

ok, sorry...had to get that out. phew.

4. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    yea that whole "wired" thing was bothering me too :( lol... but no, it wouldn't be weird at all bro. I think it would look pretty cool.
  5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I can't spell either!!!!!!!!!!

It would be different if I had other bass's to switch with or if his first reaction was "Man that would look so cool us matching" but then I would be worried because he wants us to match.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

John Travlota SNL impression- i dont know " Its Like Weird" :D Actually i think it would be pretty cool.
  7. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Or parents...

I think it would look cool too, loads of music videos bands use matching instruments to get the look.
  8. lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I'm speechless . . . I don't know what would I do if that happened to me . . . that is why I don't play in bands, so no guitar player will show up with an instrument the same color as mine... :p

Ay caramba!
  9. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I don't think there is anything weird about that at all. Me and my guitarist back in Mass. used to color coordinate our axes intentionally whenever possible. :oops:
  10. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Make sure to bring his guitar whenever you are looking at basses now, because you certainly don't want to clash.
  11. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I saw this one band that all had matching light blue fenders (2 strats, 1 p bass). So long as it isn't a gimmick, who cares?
  12. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Time to replace your guitarist. ;)
  13. Bassliner

Mar 15, 2005
    DUUUUUDE ;) Why is that bothering you? The sting bass is sunburst, right? A MILLION people play sunburst guitars and basses! That's not strange or weird.
    Do yourself a pleasure and buy it. Seriously, are you going to let your band decide the colour of YOUR instrument?
    Seriously, buy it ;)
  14. RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    ZZ Top = cool. :bassist: :bassist:
  15. EchO

Aug 3, 2005
    lmao... it was itching wasn't it? I know it was to me. I use to know a guy who spelled "FOLLOW" fallow all the time too. It's nice to see now that it is a possible disease and him not just being totally retarded lol
  16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    ^that was a little uncalled for
  17. Somewhere in here there's a joke about the two mothers-in-law at the wedding, both wearing the same dress. If you like it, buy it!
  18. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    What a wired thread (¬_¬).
  19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    not to worry, bro! it just so happened that the guitarist i am doing a show and i both have black axes with black pearloid pickguards and maple boards - it's kinda cool...