I need da pros' advice

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by PlaidedBlack, Jul 27, 2001.

1. PlaidedBlack

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey all...I've been in love with basses for a long time and I finally saved enough money to pay for all equipments and lessons. I just need some advices from ya all: How do I choose a bass that's not so $$$$$$$$ but good enough for a beginner? And What are the exact equipments do I need? blah blah....I'm desperate for all the related info, BTW, I like Fender...
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    we replied to this in the "Basses" section. Look in there for your advice...

(just click here to go to there - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=23013 )

Welcome to TalkBass, PlaidedBlack... by the way, you dont need to post the same thread in two different forums, dude. We'll answer you soon enough. ;)
  3. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome to Talkbass!

Since this is the INSTRUCTION forum, I thought I'd mention that now is the time to look into finding a teacher. After 2 or 3 months you'll be really really pleased with your progress. Check out some previous threads in this forum about finding a teacher.

Good luck.
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I never needed no stinkin teacher! :D
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    work much?
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

I doubt it, but I bet he does have a pretty good idea of what Lee Harvey Oswald must have felt like in his infamously well documented last moments.
  7. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
  8. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    As far as instruction goes... I think Pacman has a video he is not using anymore. :p Kidding asside, it would be good to put some of that saved up money into music lessons. If you were to actually learn to read music, that would be a great advantage.