1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need da pros' advice

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by PlaidedBlack, Jul 27, 2001.

1. PlaidedBlack

PlaidedBlack

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey all...I've been in love with basses for a long time and I finally saved enough money to pay for all equipments and lessons. I just need some advices from ya all: How do I choose a bass that's not so $$$$$$$$ but good enough for a beginner? And What are the exact equipments do I need? blah blah....I'm desperate for all the related info, BTW, I like Fender...

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    we replied to this in the "Basses" section. Look in there for your advice...

(just click here to go to there - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=23013 )

Welcome to TalkBass, PlaidedBlack... by the way, you dont need to post the same thread in two different forums, dude. We'll answer you soon enough. ;)

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome to Talkbass!

Since this is the INSTRUCTION forum, I thought I'd mention that now is the time to look into finding a teacher. After 2 or 3 months you'll be really really pleased with your progress. Check out some previous threads in this forum about finding a teacher.

Good luck.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I never needed no stinkin teacher! :D

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    work much?

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

I doubt it, but I bet he does have a pretty good idea of what Lee Harvey Oswald must have felt like in his infamously well documented last moments.

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    ***?

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    As far as instruction goes... I think Pacman has a video he is not using anymore. :p Kidding asside, it would be good to put some of that saved up money into music lessons. If you were to actually learn to read music, that would be a great advantage.