Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need feedback on the DigiTech BP50

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by de la mocha, Aug 20, 2005.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I'm a full time student and I'm low on cash, but I'm willing to shell out 80 bucks on this! I've been playing for four years but I have no effects pedals. Is this a good deal for that amount of cash?

2. I havent tried that particular model but the Digitech BP series digital effects are held in very low regard by most that have bought them. What type of effects are you looking for particularily? Are you looking to just get some decent tone or are you needing delays/choruses andall of that?

3. Well, half a year ago I bought one to practice at my study location (how do you say that in English, a place where a student lives, far away from home, to go to university?) , but I took it back after two days. Too much button-pressing, it just wasn't intuitive enough for me. However for the money, it's quite feature-loaded. Sound-wise, I'd say it lacks dynamics. But you can't expect a top preamp, hm?

4. I think those pedals are a good introduction to effects and tone and a decent headphone/practice amp but thats about it. If your looking for a just decent preamp that will make your bass sound better, one without any effects modeling ie delays, chorusing I would look elsewhere.

my pick would probably be one of those cheap behringer Sansamp clones (they're analog), an old cheap delay ie digital or dod and and old cheap analog chorus . all of that can be had on ebay inside of your 80 budget. just get what you need and not all the extra useless crap and you won't be mashing buttons to get a good tone :)

5. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    Basically, I'm not looking for anything over the top effects wise. Just a few effects to add to my arsenal such as delay, some synths and some distortion. I'm not trying to sound like the battle star galactica or anything.