I need help!! 1960's fender jazz bass tug bar and ashtray hole positioning

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Macho McHorse, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Hey everyone I need!!

help does anyone have the hole positioning for a 1960's Fender jazz bass tug bar and ashtray relative one of the a pickups or the bridge? just like the one in the pic.

Thanks in advance!!
    1964 jazz.jpeg

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
  3. Thanks for the advice iiipopes!!

For anyone else with the same problem below is a drawing i made of approximate hole positions based on the above picture of the pickguard and using the known dimensions of my ashtray and tugbar to find the scale. hope it helps.

Attached Files:

4. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Glad it worked out.

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

That is great and should be put in the stickies! Maybe you could fix this up as a PDF and mark the holes for a Jazz. I think this is for a P image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    If you want to add a thumbrest here is the scan of the locations.

Attached Files:

bimple likes this.
  7. reddog

reddog

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    I'd be tempted to put some black nail polish (to fake the look) on the spots instead of drilling . . . then i could wait to be sure I want those holes. Of course, do as you please.

8. My bad... not thumb rest.... Tug bar....

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021